Faith, Young Adults, and Urban Partnernships

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reflecting on Wednesday, July 18


Hey! My name is Kevin Nowak. I am 19 years old and a member of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Princeton Junction. My hometown in Plainsboro New Jersey and I have lived here all 19 years of my life, well, except for at college at Springfield College in Springfield Massachusetts. I joined the LIT program because when I heard about it I thought it would be a great experience working through the churches in Trenton. During my time working I am hoping to learn how to identify the needs of a place or group of people in need and helping as best I can.

Today, on July 18th, I was at Reedemer with the whole group. I was a very interesting day because there was a storm rolling through and Vacation Bible School was canceled. The kids from this church come from different places that are pretty far away. Most of them come to Reedemer on a van so bringing them home in a storm would have been not only hard but nerve racking. So today it was the LIT kids and Pastor Raymond. We all helped do some little things around the Vacation Bible School area like fix up chairs change posters and clean up the nametags. The biggest part of the day is when Pastor decided we were going to change the air conditioning unit in the window. Boy, were those things heavy. To be honest we did not even finish putting the new one in because we had to take all of the wood holding the old one in because the new one did not fit.

Today I saw Jesus in disguise through the storm even though VBS was canceled. I thought that the heat was unbelievable and has been for a few days. The storm was well needed for many people around the town and city. I was actually surprised that it did not rain until the very end of the day because the clouds did look threatening.

Keep up with all of our posts! I will be writing again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment