Faith, Young Adults, and Urban Partnernships

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Reflection on Monday August 13


               Today we were at Lutheran Church of the Redeemer with Pastor Raymond. After our opening devotion, we split up into three groups. The guys went outside, two of us started polishing offering plates, and the rest went upstairs to clean the sanctuary. I’m not sure there’s much to say about today, because that’s pretty much all we did, aside from lunch, but I’ll get to that. Apparently, there was a lot of gum found stuck underneath the pews in the sanctuary. I thought that was pretty gross. I believe Pastor Raymond is going to address that at worship on Sunday.

               Lunch-what can I say? It was awesome. We decided to do a potluck, so we all (technically only most of us...but I digress) brought different dishes to share with each other. We had several chicken dishes, rice, pasta, chili, cornbread, and a dessert called Heavenly Salad. It was made with crushed pineapple, strawberry Jell-O, Cool Whip, and cottage cheese. Not everyone liked it, but I thought it was really good. Needless to say, everyone was pleasantly full afterwards. Tomorrow, we’re doing another potluck, so the people who forgot can bring something. I’m pretty excited about that. Perhaps we shouldn’t have done it on a Monday.
             
  Lunch was definitely the best part of the day. It’s always nice to sit down and have fellowship with each other. I think it just added to that feeling bringing all the different dishes together to have a meal.

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment